The Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary (TMCD) a non-profit society opened on October 6, 2008. Our mission is to provide high-quality medicinal cannabis products to legitimate patients with a valid medical need. TMCD has always worked to provide quality cannabis products for patients and we will continue to do so after October 17, 2018.
Membership information and forms are available in store and through the online mail order services. The membership department will continue to receive and issue memberships and members wishing to maintain their status must keep their records up to date.
Thank you for your continued support.
Our members are the heart of our dispensary.
- Read the forms which explain how to Become Eligible to Receive Services. Once you understand our procedures, you must fill out the Membership Application Package. We ask that your health care practitioner (physician, naturopath, or doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine) complete our Practitioner’s Statement of Diagnosis which is included in the Practitioner’s Package and fax it to us directly from their office. We will also accept former MMPR authorizations and authorizations from the former MMAR program, and new ACMPR authorizations.
- Your health care provider may like to see the letter from the VDS (included in the Practitioner’s Package) which explains about our organization. They may also require a Medical Information Release Form and then they will be able to fax us the Practitioners Statement of Diagnosis.
- While many practitioners recognize the effectiveness of cannabis as a medicine, we realize that there are some who still may feel uncomfortable recommending cannabis or even completing the form. Some of them may fear professional repercussions or may not feel that they have enough knowledge about this herbal medicine. Depending on the condition (see below), a confirmation of diagnosis may be sufficient for membership, as long as the reasons stated for not recommending cannabis use are not of a medical nature.
- The Release of Information form can be signed and given to your doctor to encourage them to send a confirmation of your medical condition, even if they will not fill in our form. Additionally, you can release your medical practitioner from any potential liability by providing the CMPA Release Form for Medical Practitioners to your practitioner.
- After we have received the necessary documentation from your practitioner, and it is confirmed, you will have met the criteria for membership.
In order to maintain the confidentiality of our members and their health care providers, we are not able to refer you to doctors who have signed statements in the past. There are many compassionate doctors out there, and we encourage you to keep trying.
We DO accept
* Letter of Diagnosis from your doctor.
* Referral letter relating to your diagnosis.
* Other documentation confirming your diagnosis.
* MMAR forms
* Memberships with federal Licensed Producers
Conditions for which confirmation of diagnosis is accepted: